Specialism & expertise
- Terms of business
- Non-disclosure agreements
- Contracts and commercial agreements
- GDPR and data protection issues
- Intellectual property licenses, protection and registration
- IT contracts
- Commercial agent regulations.
Client stories & examples of work
- Drafted Terms of Business for suppliers to both established businesses and those starting out, in numerous sectors with retail and business clients
- Drafted a Software Reseller Agreement
- Advice on software licensing issues for a data analytics company
- Advised client on terms of a procurement tender for £1m of manufacturing plant, including cross-border legal considerations within the EU
- Advised a specialist supplier to the brewing industry on competition law aspects of distribution agreements
- Drafted an agreement compliant with the Commercial Agents Regulations for specialist metal products supplier
- Advised client on alleged breaches of contract and possible remedies
- Acted for a supplier in contract negotiations for a multi-million pound supply of goods and services contract
- Advised client on an earn-out agreement for the development of a 40MW solar farm
Types of client
Michelle has worked as a senior level manager and in-house counsel in SMEs for over 15 years in the technology, e-commerce, online publishing, digital vending and renewable energy sectors and is keenly attuned to the issues of growing businesses.
Achievements & other appointments
Michelle retrained as a solicitor in 2008, earning distinctions in both the Graduate Diploma in Law and the Legal Practice Certificate.
Michelle has been a local Scout Leader for 10 years.
Michelle studied Economics and Management Studies at the University of Cambridge, graduating with a first class degree in 1996. Michelle qualified in 2012 and became in-house counsel for a Kent based renewable energies business. Michelle joined Thomson Snell & Passmore in 2019.