Specialisms & expertise
- Probate and estate administration
- Dealing with intestate estates
- Inheritance tax agricultural and business property relief claims
- Post-death tax planning
- Re-sealing of Grants
Client stories & examples of work
- Identifying and securing the nil-rate bands and residential nil-rate bands available to personal representatives
- Administering high value estates with overseas assets and connections
- Advising personal representative and beneficiaries on post-death inheritance tax planning
- Successfully claiming agricultural and business property relief on behalf of estates
- Dealing with interlinked estates following multiple deaths, including intestacies
- Advising personal representatives on strategies for post-death mitigation of CGT and income tax
- Examining income and expenditure and establishing whether gifts made by a deceased were out of income and eligible for relief from inheritance tax
- Acting for overseas and non-domiciled personal representatives
Types of client
Paul works with a wide range of clients, including families of all ages, young and elderly couples, surviving spouses, professionals and the business community.
Paul was born in Pembury and grew up in Kent before reading Law at Newcastle University and undertaking the Legal Practice Course (LPC) at Northumbria University.
He completed a training contract with a national law firm based in Bristol and returned to Kent upon qualification as a solicitor in 2015. He joined Thomson Snell & Passmore as an associate in 2020.