Specialisms & expertise
- Managing deputyships and personal injury trusts for a wide range of individuals, with particular expertise in cases involving high value damages awards for children and adults with severe acquired brain injuries
- Provision of expert advice on the role of a professional Deputy and associated costs
- Advising on and preparing a wide range of applications to the Court of Protection
- Working closely with personal injury and clinical negligence lawyers, case managers, care teams and all other professionals involved in the client’s care, as well as the client’s own network of family and friends.
- Liaising with investment advisors and asset management companies for long term financial planning.
- Advising on client’s eligibility for benefits and liaising with the Benefit Agency to ensure appropriate benefits are claimed.
Achievements & other appointments
The Private Client team provides a full range of private client services and is recognised by Chambers UK for its “niche expertise in acting for vulnerable or incapacitated clients”. The Court of Protection team specifically were recently named by the Legal 500 as a “Firm of the Year” stating that the team “stands out for the sheer breadth and sophistication of its practice”.
Peter undertook his Undergraduate LLB Law degree at Lancaster University and his Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice at Manchester Metropolitan University. Peter was an Administrative Officer at the Court of Protection: reviewing applications to appoint Deputies and preparing draft Court Orders for judicial attention. Subsequently Peter moved to a national Court of Protection department as a paralegal in its London team, during which time he was appointed as their National Litigation Support Manager, supervising the firm’s provision of Court of Protection expert witness statements. Peter has joined the firm’s Court of Protection department in February 2017, working with clients with acquired brain injuries.