Specialisms & expertise
Rebecca specialises in clinical negligence and personal injury claims.
Rebecca’s clinical negligence claims have involved a wide variety of issues, some examples include:
- Negligent surgical treatment including; appendectomy, hysterectomy and orthopaedic surgery.
- Delay in the diagnosis of cancer (prostate and breast)
- Bariatric (obesity surgery), arthroscopy and general laparoscopic surgery.
- Negligent spinal surgery
- Falls from bed during admission to hospital
- Negligent delays in diagnosis of a variety of conditions including torsion of the testicle
- Fatal Accident Act claims arising out of hospital negligence
- Substandard management of patient’s care by General Practitioners
- Pressure sores
- Negligent cosmetic surgery
- Delay in treatment of life threatening conditions including sepsis and meningitis
- Gynaecological injuries following childbirth
- Negligent urogynaecological treatment.
Rebecca’s personal injury work includes injuries arising from; employers liability, road traffic accidents, occupiers liability and public liability, including cases involving:
- Head injuries
- Orthopaedic injuries
- Severe psychological disorders
Client stories & examples of work
Mr W v Mr M (issued with the High Court)
Rebecca achieved a settlement for a Claimant who suffered as a result of failures in his treatment during and after his gastric bypass surgery.
Damages recovered: £241,000
Mrs I v Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Rebecca acted for a widow whose husband died as a result of failures to properly manage his warfarin levels during his admission to hospital.
Damages recovered: £135,000.
Mrs F v Dartford & Gravesham NHS Trust
Rebecca acted for a Claimant who suffered from a never event, when a swab was left behind following a perineal tear repair, after childbirth. The Claimant suffered psychological damage as a result of the event.
Damages recovered: £22,000
Mrs H v Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust
Rebecca achieved a settlement for a Claimant who had suffered a delay in diagnosis and treatment of a spinal meningioma, resulting in significant urological and bowel symptoms.
Damages recovered: £50,000
Mrs J v Professor D
Rebecca acted for a Claimant who suffered a perforated bowel during a hysterectomy, as a result of a misplaced McCartney tube, which necessitated the Claimant to have a temporarily colostomy.
Damages recovered: £60,000
Mr F v Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Trust (issued with the High Court)
Rebecca achieved a settlement for a Claimant who suffered significant bleeding and an ischaemic injury to the small bowel during surgery to treat gall stones. As a result, the Claimant suffered from bowel and urological symptoms, for which he requires life long medication.
Damages records: £40,000
Mrs M v Mr B P
Rebecca acted for a Claimant who was not appropriately warned of the risks of a procedure involving surgical mesh. Following the procedure, the mesh migrated to the Claimant’s lung, which necessitated surgical removal.
Damaged recovered: £22,500
Rebecca qualified as a solicitor in April 2013. She completed her Law degree at Aberystwyth University and her Legal Practice Course (LPC) at Leeds Metropolitan University.