Specialisms & expertise
- Investment acquisitions and disposals
- Regeneration, renewal and development projects
- Advising on the property aspects of corporate transactions
- The disposal of surplus land.
Client stories & examples of work
- Leading the asset management team for a property based pension fund.
- Advising a multi national wholesale food retailer in connection with all aspects of the management of its estate
- Advising an east Kent local authority on numerous regeneration projects including a joint venture to construct a new business park and thereafter providing advice in relation to the letting scheme.
- Leading the team advising a property based pension funding in connection with all contentious and non-contentious asset management matters.
- Leading the team advising a further education college in connection with the construction of a new £35 million college including property, construction and procurement.
- Advising a company in connection with its head office relocation including the acquisition of new leasehold premises together with complicated pre-emption rights and thereafter providing asset management advice in connection with previous headquarters being retained for investment purposes.
Types of client
- Public sector bodies including local authorities, housing associations, NHS Trusts, further education colleges and charities.
- Pension funds, banks and investment companies.
- Corporate landlords and tenants.
Achievements & other appointments
Richard is acknowledged in leading independent guide to UK law firms, Chambers UK as a leader in his field. He is acknowledged in the 2013 edition as having a "big presence in the area" and in the 2011 edition for the way he “pursues a way of working in partnership with clients and is very easy to get hold of”.
Richard has written various articles on regeneration issues focusing on the Thames Gateway in particular. He has participated in a number of conferences speaking about collaboration between the private and public sector and the regeneration of the Thames Gateway.
The Commercial Property & Development team is described in Chambers UK 2011 as "delightful to work with."
Richard joined the firm in 2006 from a Kent firm. Richard was previously a managing associate in Linklaters London office.