Specialisms & expertise
- International and domestic commercial disputes handled in the Court of Appeal, the Chancery and Queen's Bench Divisions (including the Commercial Court) of the High Court, which are often complex, high value and sometimes with a multi-jurisdictional element
- High value debt recovery
- Enforcement (including enforcement of foreign judgments)
- Contractual disputes
- Professional negligence claims, including claims against Solicitors and Accountants
- Defamation (libel and slander claims) including internet based reputation management
- Harassment claims and anti-harassment injunctions
- Applying for and resisting injunction applications
- In addition to dealing with claims, from pre-issue to enforcement of orders, Rico also has expertise in various forms of Alternative Dispute Resolution, including UNCITRAL international arbitration proceedings, ad-hoc arbitration proceedings and mediation.
Client stories & examples of work
- Acted for the Defendant in a professional negligence claim in respect of allegedly negligent tax advice with implications running to many millions of pounds. The judgment established important principles as to whether an advisor who gives correct advice about the construction of statute is nevertheless negligent if they do not provide more than a "general health warning" that he might be wrong. Successfully defended the claim at trial which was subsequently appealed to the Court of Appeal and Supreme Court
- Acted for the Claimant and was instructed to stop and unmask the perpetrators behind a campaign of online harassment in the form of false claims of rape and other malicious activities towards the Claimant. Successfully obtained an urgent injunction to stop the harassment and unmasked the perpetrator behind the campaign of harassment. Assisted the Crown Prosecution Service with the information gathered from the civil matter, in respect of the Defendants malicious communication and perverting the course of justice criminal charges
- Acted for the successful Respondent in a multi-million pound international arbitration involving allegations of breach of contract and bad faith
- Acted for the creditor company in recovering a portfolio of debts from hundreds of debtors. Use of many different enforcement methods most appropriate and effective
Types of client
Rico works with a range of clients which include large international companies, high-profile media personalities and local individuals and businesses.
Rico graduated with a degree in Law and completed the Legal Practice Course at London Metropolitan University in 2012. Rico went on to join a niche litigation firm where he successfully completed his training contract in 2014. Rico joined Thomson Snell & Passmore’s Dispute Resolution department in 2018. Rico is fluent in written and spoken Greek.