Specialisms & expertise
- Acting for banks in connection with secured lending and refinancing.
- Acquisitions and disposals of commercial property
- All aspects of non-contentious landlord and tenant matters.
Client stories & examples of work
- Acting for a local farmer in the acquisition of a neighbouring farm including the subsequent grant of tenancies of commercial units
- Acting in the sale of a local farm comprising 500 acres of land, a residential property, commercial units and imposing an overage agreement in respect of the potential future development of the land
- Acting for a professional landlord in the refinance of retail premises in Nottingham and Wales
- The grant of an option agreement to a developer of a former agricultural building to be converted to dwellings and subsequently completing the sale of the building to a third party developer
- Acting for local developers in the sale of new build/newly converted property
- Acting in the grant of an option agreement for a property to be converted to student accommodation in Brighton, including obtaining lender consent to the grant of the option, advising on a section 106 agreement and subsequently completing the sale
Types of client
- Commercial landlords and tenants
- Rural landowners
- Commercial borrowers and guarantors
Rob graduated with a law degree from Nottingham Trent University in 2013, went on to complete the Legal Practice Course at Nottingham Law School and later qualified as a solicitor at a Nottingham Firm. He joined the Commercial Property team at Thomson Snell & Passmore in January 2022 having recently moved from a regional Sussex firm.