Specialisms and expertise
- acting for developers on the acquisition of land for development including conditional contracts, options promotion agreements and site assemblies
- advising landowners on promotion agreements
- advising promoters on promotion agreements
- non-contentions planning including the negotiation of planning agreements
- property joint venture agreements
- highways and services agreements for development sites
- all aspects of development finance acting for senior debt providers, mezzanine funders and borrowers
Past and present cases
- the set up of letting and sales schemes for commercial and residential developments
- acquisitions of sites for developers by way of conditional contracts and options with pre-lets to supermarket chains
- acquisitions of sites for residential development
- promotion agreements for residential housing schemes in Kent
Achievements and other appointments
Sarah has written various articles on issues affecting the property industry and has given seminars on the implications of the Energy Act for investors, occupiers and lenders and she has written extensively on the ever changing planning system. Sarah appeared on BBC news advising on the planning implications of an unauthorised extension and is often asked to comment on news stories.
Sarah qualified in 2002 and before joining Thomson Snell & Passmore in 2010 worked for another large local firm before moving to a US law firm in the city.