Specialisms & expertise
- acting for developers on the acquisition of land for development including conditional contracts and options.
- promotion agreements.
- planning agreements.
- all aspects of property finance for investment and development acting for senior debt providers, mezzanine funders and borrowers.
- investment acquisitions and disposals of all types of commercial property.
- all aspects of non-contentious landlord and tenant work.
- portfolio and estate management.
Client stories & examples of work
- the set up of letting schemes for commercial and residential developments.
- the refinancing of a thirty five mixed use property portfolio.
- advising in connection with strategy and implementation of a complicated exit from a distressed property.
- acquisitions of sites for a developer by way of conditional contracts and options with pre-lets to supermarket chains.
- promotion agreements for residential housing schemes in Kent.
- acquisitions of new build leasehold properties for a well known restaurant chain.
- the sale of a thirty million pound property portfolio.
Achievements & other appointments
Sarah is the legal expert for House Beautiful magazine and has written various articles on issues affecting the property industry.
Last year Sarah gave seminars on the implications of the Energy Act for investors, occupiers and lenders and she has written extensively on the ever changing planning system. Sarah appeared on BBC news advising on the planning implications of an unauthorised extension and is often asked to comment on news stories.
Sarah qualified in 2002 and worked for another large local firm before moving to a US law firm in the city. Most recently Sarah has worked as a consultant solicitor for a property investment and development company.