Specialisms & expertise
Stella has experience in dealing with a range of aspects of Court of Protection work, including:
- Advising and preparing a range of applications to the Court of Protection
- Dealing with Statutory Will applications, including those with a contentious element
- Daily management of complex deputyships
- Assisting in the management of Personal Injury Trusts
- Advising on deputyship and Court of Protection costs in litigating matters.
Client stories & examples of work
- Devising and proactively managing budgets, particularly in cases involving a high value damages award for children and adults who have a severe brain injury
- Day to day contact with individuals who lack capacity, family members, case managers, therapy providers, legal/other professionals and the Court
- Progressing property purchases and adaptations
- Assisting with long term investment arrangements
- Applying for benefits on behalf of clients and seeking public funding, where possible
- Preparing annual accounts to submit to the Office of the Public Guardian.
Achievements & other appointments
The Private Client team provides a full range of private client services and is recognised by Chambers UK for its “niche expertise in acting for vulnerable or incapacitated clients.”
Stella graduated from The University of Hull with a degree in Law in 2006. She went on to complete the Legal Practice Course at The College of Law, Guildford. From 2008 to 2010 Stella worked at the Office of the Public Guardian advising on the registration of Enduring Powers of Attorney, creating Lasting Powers of Attorney and applications to the Court of Protection. Stella then worked for a national Court of Protection practice, based in London from 2010 to 2015. Stella joined this firm in December 2015 as a Senior Legal Assistant in the Court of Protection Department.