Specialisms & expertise
- All areas of non-contentious probate
- Advising on Inheritance Tax and Capital Gains Tax mitigation within estate administration
- Advising on Deeds of Variation
- Agricultural and Business Property Relief
Client stories & examples of work
- Claiming Agricultural Property Relief for the estate of a retired farmer who left agricultural land held in his sole name to farming and non farming beneficiaries in his Will.
- Dealing with estates with personal representatives and beneficiaries who are resident abroad
- Recently dealing with an estate with both UK and overseas assets and a Will in the overseas jurisdiction which potentially revoked the UK will and researching this
- Advising on and obtaining a second grant of probate to deal with unadministered assets
- Administering estates with large investment and/or share portfolios both UK and offshore
- Dealing with charitable beneficiaries to large and small estates
- Proving a Will where all of the executors had died
- Resealing a foreign grant of probate in the English Court
Sue qualified as a solicitor in 2012 having decided to make a change of career when her children were young. Sue has undertaken an Honours degree and Masters Degree in Law and completed her Legal Practice Course in Guildford whilst working full time. She now has over eight years of experience working in the Private Client legal sector.