Specialisms & expertise
- All areas of non-contentious probate
- Advising on Inheritance Tax and Capital Gains Tax mitigation within estate administration
- Advising on Deeds of Variation
- Agricultural and Business Property Relief
Client stories & examples of work
- Dealing with estates with personal representatives and beneficiaries who are resident abroad
- Dealing with estates with overseas assets and/or wills
- Advising on and obtaining a second grant of probate to deal with unadministered assets within an estate
- Dealing with independent administrator appointments for Thomson Snell & Passmore Trust Corporation
- Administering estates with large investment and/or share portfolios both UK and offshore
- Dealing with charitable beneficiaries to large and small estates
- Proving a Will where all of the executors had died
- Advising on and assisting in post death planning to include deeds of variation and deeds of appointment
- Resealing foreign grants in the UK.
Sue qualified as a solicitor in November 2012 having decided to make a change of career when her children were young. She worked full time as a Graduate member of CILEX in the private client department of a regional law firm whilst undertaking the Legal Practice Course in Guildford prior to obtaining a training contract. Sue has undertaken an Honours degree in Law and Masters Degree in International Criminal Law both at the University of Sussex. She now has over ten years of experience working in the Private Client legal sector.