Specialisms & expertise
- Trust management
- Trust accounting
- Trust taxation
- Trusts created by Will, Deed of Variation and lifetime gifts
- Trusts for children
- Private charitable trusts
- Personal injury trusts.
Client stories & examples of work
- Setting up the administrative arrangements and dealing with the ongoing management of trusts.
- Advising trustees about their duties and responsibilities regarding the administration of the trust, the beneficiaries and investment.
- Taxation of trusts, including advising on possible tax liabilities, preparing and submitting the annual tax return and Inheritance returns, agreeing and arranging for the payment of tax liabilities and providing tax information to beneficiaries.
- Advising on the appointment of suitable investment advisers and dealing with the appointment.
- Liaising with the trust investment adviser and trustees regarding the investments.
- Appointment and retirement of trustees including preparation of deeds and dealing with the transfer of trust assets to the new trustees.
- Liaising with the trustees and beneficiaries of trusts.
- Dealing with capital and income distributions to beneficiaries including preparation of documentation.
- Advising on and dealing with the winding up and distribution of the trust on the termination.
Achievements & other appointments
Sue is a Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives.
Sue joined Thomson Snell & Passmore in 1986.