Specialisms and expertise
- Agricultural and rural business property, agricultural tenancies and contracts
- Solar farm and wind turbine leases
- Mineral leases, borehole leases
- Sporting leases
- Charity and trust property
- General commercial property
- Notary Public.
Past and present projects
- Acting on the grant of a lease of land for one of the largest solar arrays in the UK
- Acting on a wide variety of property transactions for a major landed estate
- Acting for a local authority on the purchase of agricultural land in a conservation scheme
- Acting on the grant of an option and lease of windfarm
- Working on major projects for a top sector independent school
- Acting for a coastal land-owning trust
- Managing property portfolios for charities, private pension funds and property investment companies.
Types of client
- Farming businesses
- Landed estates and rural landowners
- Local authorities and parish councils
- Independent schools and trusts
- Commercial landlords and tenants.
Achievements and other appointments
Sue has presented seminars on aspects of commercial property and written articles on agricultural and rural property issues and energy projects. Sue is recognised in Chambers UK as a leader in her field and is described as “always striving to find practical solutions for clients”.
Sue is listed as a Citywealth Leader and is also a trustee and regional committee member of RABI (Royal Agricultural Benevolent Institution) and a member of the Agricultural Law Association, NFU and CLA.
Sue retrained as a lawyer after careers in marketing and publishing, latterly with Telegraph Newspapers, and in organising major political conferences.
Sue has an Honours degree in Spanish and Latin American studies from St Andrews University, a Diploma in Law from the College of Law in September 2001, and Diploma in Notarial Practice in September 2007.