Specialisms & expertise
• Advising on and preparation of applications to the Court of Protection
• Day to day contact with individuals who lack capacity or have suffered an acquired brain injury and providing support to them, their families and care teams
• Working closely with the team’s Deputies in relation to the ongoing management of our client’s finances
• Financial management and detailed budgeting for high value Personal Injury/Medical Negligence damages awards
• Liaising with Benefit Agency with regard to applications for benefits to which the client may be entitled
• Liaising with case managers and other professionals involved in the client’s care to establish the appropriate care regime
• Preparation of annual accounts for submission to the Office of the Public Guardian
Sue has worked within the legal field as a Legal Secretary for over 15 years. She has worked in a Magic Circle law firm in both their London and Amsterdam offices, and has an extensive knowledge of legal systems.
Sue commenced working as a Legal Secretary in the Court of Protection department of Thomson Snell & Passmore in June 2013 and progressed to Secretarial Coordinator for the department in April 2014, before becoming a Trainee Legal Assistant in the brain injury department of the Court of Protection team in September 2017.
As part of her Court of Protection work, Sue will be taking on a number of long standing clients who suffer from an acquired brain injury.