Specialisms & expertise
- Managing clients’ financial affairs where they have appointed a professional attorney or deputy
- Liaising with clients in addition to their families, friends, carers and social workers to ensure clients’ needs are fulfilled and to help ensure an appropriate care regime is in place
- Building good relationships with family members to work together in the clients’ best interests, particularly following OPG or Court intervention leading to a change of attorney or deputy
- Planning with care professionals and local authorities to enable independent client living
- Liaising with benefit agencies with regards to applications for benefits to which the client may be entitled, including mandatory reviews and appeals
- Preparation of court applications to the Court of Protection
- Advising on the duties and responsibilities of deputies and attorneys
- Preparing annual accounts for submission to the Office of the Public Guardian
Client stories & examples of work
- Tamzin has extensive experience of deputyship work, in particular elderly clients and those who have been financially abused.
Types of client
- Vulnerable and elderly people who lack capacity to manage their property and financial affairs
- Individuals living with mental health conditions who lack capacity to manage their property and financial affairs
- Adults and children who have an acquired brain injury and lack capacity to manage their property and financial affairs
Achievements & other appointments
Tamzin is a Dementia Friends Champion for the Alzheimer’s Society and is proud to have enabled over 60 people to have become Dementia Friends.
- Tamzin graduated from the University of London with an honours degree in history before gaining a distinction in the Common Professional Examination at the University of Sussex. She studied the LPC at Guildford College of Law before training with a small insurance litigation firm in London.
- Tamzin worked as a Court of Protection paralegal at Morrisons Solicitors LLP for over two years before joining Thomson Snell & Passmore as a solicitor.