Specialisms & expertise
- Advising on and preparing applications to the Court of Protection, predominately for clients who have sustained complex brain injuries
- Taking responsibility for the management of high value and often complex deputyship and personal injury trust matters
- Securing and overseeing the payment of statutory funding towards the cost of care and other disability related costs
- Commissioning and overseeing the work of large, sophisticated multi-disciplinary teams supporting brain injured clients
- Dealing with statutory will applications for both contentions and non-contentious matters
- Formulating schemes of expenditure following the settlement of personal injury claims for the Court of Protection’s approval
Achievements & other appointments
Tom is an affiliate member of STEP having completed the STEP Advanced Certificate in Will Preparation in 2014 and the STEP Diploma in Advising Vulnerable Clients in 2017.
Tom is named in the Legal 500 as a Court of Protection specialist and is a member of the Professional Deputies Forum.
Tom is regularly invited to speak and lecture to personal injury solicitors, charities and professional deputies about Court of Protection and Statutory Care funding issues.
Tom graduated from Swansea University with a joint honours degree in Law and History. He went on to achieve a distinction in the Legal Practice Course in 2009.
Tom successfully completed his training contract with a top 100 law firm where he initially qualified into the private client department in September 2011. Tom has specialised exclusively in Court of Protection work since 2012 and takes particular pride in supporting and empowering clients to maximise their decision-making capacity.
Tom as very strong interpersonal skills and thrives on building and maintaining excellent relationships.
Tom joined Thomson Snell & Passmore as a Partner in March 2021.