Specialisms & expertise
- Wills and estate planning for individuals and families
- Tax planning
- Powers of attorney
- Probate and estate administration.
Client stories & examples of work
- Advising on Inheritance Tax planning during lifetime and post-death arrangements
- Advising on will structures, particularly for asset protection purposes and succession planning for families and companies
- Advising on the use of trusts including creation, administration and termination
- Administering estates, including those with foreign elements and/or agricultural or business assets.
Achievements & other appointments
STEP – Young Practitioner of the Year Finalist, 2018.
Legal 500 2018 – ‘Solicitor Amy Lane is personable, empathetic, professional and thoroughly effective’.
Sevenoaks Chamber of Commerce – Lead Ambassador for Next Generation Business Chamber.
Kent Law Society – General Purpose Committee Member
Amy is an an Associate member of the Solicitors for The Elderly (SFE)
Amy is a member of the Society of Trusts and Estate Planning (STEP).
Amy is a Solicitor in the Tax Planning team. Amy trained and qualified in 2016 at a regional firm in Kent focusing predominately on estate planning matters. Amy joined the Tax Planning team at Thomson Snell & Passmore in May 2019.
Amy completed her LLB at the University of Sussex and her Legal Practice Course at the University of Law in London. Amy is a full member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP), having completed her diploma in Tax and Estate Planning.