Specialisms & expertise
- Succession & Exit Planning
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Management Buy Outs / MBIs
- Corporate Finance, Venture Capital & Private Equity
- Buybacks & Share Option Schemes
- Joint Ventures & Shareholder Agreements
- Reorganisations, Restructuring & Demergers
- Banking & Finance
Client stories & examples of work
- Acting for a £700+ million automotive group in connection with regular business acquisitions of motor dealerships around the country
- Advising on a double transaction of an equity investment in a software company and seperate purchas of business and assets in a technology company
- Acting for financial services related company in relation to purchas of book of intermediated investment assets
- Acting for £100 million+ specialist construction services group in connection with a variety of acquisitions
- Advising a wholesale food related services family company in relation to purchase of shares and group restructure to assist with succession/exit planning
Types of clients
Joanne’s clients include private limited companies, owner managed businesses of all sizes and UK subsidiaries of major foreign companies.
Achievements & other appointments
Joanne is individually ranked in band 1 in her practice area for the Lower Mid Market Corporate / M&A in the South, by independent legal ratings guide Chambers. She has been ranked since 2011 to date and has been commended for corporate tax in the Times Best Law Firms 2020.
She has been described by a client in the Legal 500 2020 addition as “always careful to ensure she fully understands what we are trying to achieve commercially, despite often challenging timescales and circumstances, she is one of the best.” Chambers UK 2020 recently commented that “Joanne Gallagher is firmly positioned at the forefront of the region’s corporate market.”
Joanne studied law at Guildhall University in the City of London and obtained a degree in Business Law (LLB) she then went on to study for her professional solicitor’s exams at the College of Law in Chancery Lane, London. Joanne qualified as a solicitor in December 1994. She became a partner in 2006 and is Head of the Corporate & Commercial Team.