Specialisms & expertise
- Succession & Exit Planning
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Management Buy Outs
- Corporate Finance, Venture Capital & Private Equity
- Buybacks & Shareholder Agreements
- Reorganisations, Restructuring & Demergers
- Partnership and LLP Matters
- Commercial Contracts.
Client stories & examples of work
- Acting for a £600+ million automotive group in connection with regular business acquisitions of motor dealerships around the country
- Advised the sellers on a share sale to UK's largest sporting goods retailer
- Acting for the buyers on the purchase of the assets of a national education charity, in administration
- Acting for £100 million+ specialist construction services group in connection with a variety of acquisitions
- Advising a wholesale food related services family company in relation to purchase of shares and group restructure to assist with succession/exit planning
- Advising a historic Kent based family printing company in a financially distressed management buy out transaction.
Types of clients
Joanne's clients include private limited companies, owner managed businesses, family businesses of all sizes and UK subsidaries of major foreign companies.
Achievements & other appointments
Joanne is recognised as a leader in her field of Lower Mid Market Corporate/M&A in the South. She has been ranked since 2011.
She has been described by clients as "a professional who gets the job done whatever hour of the day" and as having "impressive negotiating ability and keen commercial nous." Chambers UK 2017 recently commented that the "exceptional" Joanne Gallagher "is very commercial and very good at what she does in terms of the law."
A client recently said: "Thank you to you and your team for the extraordinary commitment you have all put in to get us to the line."
Joanne qualified in 1994. She became a partner in 2006 and is Head of the Corporate & Commercial Team.