Specialisms & expertise
- Succession & Exit Planning
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Management Buy Outs
- Corporate Finance, Venture Capital & Private Equity
- Buybacks & Share Option Schemes
- Joint Ventures & Shareholder Agreements
- Reorganisations, Restructuring & Demergers
- Partnership and LLP matters.
Client stories & examples of work
- Acting for a £700+ million automotive group in connection with regular business acquisitions of motor dealerships around the country
- Advised the sellers on a share sale to UK's largest sporting goods retailer
- Acting for the buyers on the purchase of the assets of a national education charity, in administration.
- Acting for £100 million+ specialist construction services group in connection with a variety of acquisitions
- Advising a wholesale food related services family company in relation to purchase of shares and group restructure to assist with succession/exit planning
- Advising a historic Kent based family printing company in a financially distressed management buy out transaction.
Types of clients
Joanne’s clients include private limited companies, owner managed businesses of all sizes and UK subsidiaries of major foreign companies.
Achievements & other appointments
Joanne is individually ranked in band 1 in her practice area for the Lower Mid Market Corporate / M&A in the South, by independent legal ratings guide Chambers. She has been ranked since 2011 to date.
Her team has been described by a client in the Legal 500 2018 addition as, “…the best we have encountered so far.” Chambers UK 2019 recently commented that “she is an excellent solicitor with a thorough knowledge of Corporate matters”, and also highlight her “good pragmatic approach.”
Joanne studied law at Guildhall University in the City of London and obtained a degree in Business Law (LLB) she then went on to study for her professional solicitor’s exams at the College of Law in Chancery Lane, London. Joanne qualified as a solicitor in December 1994. She became a partner in 2006 and is Head of the Corporate & Commercial Team.