Specialisms & expertise
- Divorce, judicial separation and dissolution of Civil Partnerships
- Issues in respect of children, including parental responsibility, with whom a child should live, how often a child should spend time with a parent and re-location (national and international)
- All financial aspects of a relationship breakdown
- Family mediaton
- Collaborative law
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial agreements
- Advice and agreements for cohabiting couples
- Issues between former cohabitees
- Domestic violence, including applications for non-molestation and occupation orders
Client stories & examples of work
- “The collaborative process works. No court, a few letters, we sat down and talked it through together”.
- “A potentially painful and traumatic experience was turned into an amicable one by you – thank you”
- “Thank you for your practical and pragmatic advice not forgetting your humour all of which got me through this”.
- “Thank you for all your hard work on my behalf. You are a true professional and would not hesitate to recommend you to my friends should the need arise.”
Achievements & other appointments
Kirstie has been practising family law since 1995. She makes it a priority to establish at the outset the best means of resolving a family’s issues. As well as being a solicitor she is a mediator and collaborative lawyer.
Kirstie is a member of Resolution and founded and still chairs the West Kent and East Sussex Collaborative Law Group. She is a Resolution trained mediator and is listed as a Citywealth Leader.
Kirstie is acknowledged as an expert in her area in leading independent guides to UK law firms, Chambers UK, Legal 500 and Legal Experts. In Chambers UK she is praised as “pragmatic and sensible”.
Kirstie acted for the wife in the successful 2008 P -v- P appeal, enabling the wife to retain her shareholding in a substantial family company.
Kirstie graduated from the University of Manchester and went on to obtain a distinction in her Legal Practice Course at Guildford College of Law. She was admitted as a solicitor in 1997 and, before joining Thomson Snell and Passmore as a partner in 2011, she worked for eleven years at another major regional law firm, where she was also a partner.