Specialisms & expertise
- Contentious will, trust and estate disputes
- Claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975
- Professional negligence claims relating to the above areas
Client stories & examples of work
- Defending multiple 1975 Act claims in a £3m estate involving estranged adult children and a cohabitee
- Advising in a probate dispute arising from a will executed by a testator who had mental capacity issues
- Assisting a partner in the successful mediation of a 1975 Act claim including interests of disabled minors
Types of client
Mainly private individuals such as executors, trustees, beneficiaries under wills, and disappointed and forgotten beneficiaries.
Lawrence graduated from the University of Sussex in 2017 with a 1st class degree in Law. He went on to complete the Legal Practice Course with distinction at the University of Law.
Outside of work, Lawrence has volunteered as a McKenzie friend in the Brighton Family Courts, assisting litigants in person who are unable to afford legal representation.