Specialisms & expertise
- Real estate disputes to include advising on easements, restrictive covenants, rights of common, boundary disputes and adverse possession claims
- Disputes arising out of development contracts to include overage claims and arbitration to determine price
- Advising on commercial landlord and tenant disputes and related insolvency matters
- Contested lease renewals under the Landlord & Tenant Act 1954
- Professional negligence claims arising from property related matters
- Enfranchisement and statutory lease extensions
- Property contract disputes to include claims for misrepresentation and non-completion.
Client stories & examples of work
- Advising a charitable trust on the enforcement of restrictive covenants on a large residential development
- Acting for a corporate client in connection with the recovery of overage payments due under a sale contract
- Advising an Association to which over 1500 private members Clubs are affiliated in respect of its property related business needs
- Acting for a tenant in connection with an application to court for a declaration that a landlord is unreasonably withholding consent
Types of client
- Commercial landlords and tenants
- Developers and private landowners
- Charitable organisations
- Unincorporated Associations, Private Members Clubs, Industrial and Provident Societies
Achievements & other appointments
Mark is acknowledged in leading independent guide to UK law firms, Chambers UK, as a leader in his field. In the 2014 edition, his clients say he “"will get on with the work without us having to chase him, and he has a good balance of commercial intelligence and legal knowledge." In the 2013 edition he is described as being “incredibly approachable, personable and knowledgeable”. He is a member of the Property Litigation Association.
Mark joined the firm as a Trainee Solicitor in 2003. He became a Partner in 2014.