Specialisms & expertise
- Tax planning
- The administration of estates
- Powers of Attorney
- Notary Public
Client stories & examples of work
- Advising on all aspects of inheritance tax and capital gains tax, including arrangements to minimise potential tax liabilities
- Business protection planning for entrepreneurs and owner-managed businesses
- Dealing with the administration of complex estates, including those with overseas assets and business/agricultural interests
- Post-death tax planning, particularly involving Deeds of Variation, which have resulted in significant tax savings
- Advising on the creation, administration and termination of trusts, including tax implications
- Estate planning, including the preparation of wills and advice relating to lifetime gifts
- The establishment, re-arrangement and administration of philanthropic and charitable organisations
- Assisting with international transactions requiring a notary public
Achievements & other appointments
Nicola is a member of the Society of Trusts and Estate Planning, the Charity Law Association and the Notaries Society. She is also a contributor to the panel of BBC Radio 4’s Moneybox Live programme.
The Private Client team is ranked in the top tier for South East England by The Legal 500 an independent guide to UK law firms. The team has also been named by Private Client Practitioner magazine in its list of the 'Top 25 Law Firms'.
Nicola trained at Thomson Snell and Passmore & qualified in 2000. Over the last 15 years she worked for some prominent private client firms in both London and the South East before returning to Thomson Snell & Passmore.