- International and domestic commercial disputes, which are often complex, high value and sometimes with a multi-jurisdictional element
- Contractual disputes
- Company disputes involving shareholders, partners and directors.
- Insolvency disputes
- High value debt recovery
- Professional negligence claims, including claims against Solicitors and Accountants
- Media and communication disputes, including defamation (libel and slander) and privacy claims
- Reputation management, including working with PR agents as part of a wider reputation management strategy
- Harassment and misuse of private information claims
- Applying for and resisting injunction applications
- Expertise in various forms of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR), including international arbitration proceedings, ad-hoc arbitration proceedings and mediation.
Representing a further education college and successfully
Representing a leading construction company
Acting for a Claimant to stop and unmask the perpetrators behind a campaign of online harassment via Facebook
Successfully resisting winding up proceedings commenced against a leading construction company
Acting for the Defendant in a professional negligence claim in respect of alleged negligent tax advice
Representing a leading housing association in the South East of England
Acting for the successful Respondent in a multi-million pound international arbitration
Acting for the creditor company in recovering a portfolio of debts from hundreds of debtors
Acting for the Respondents to defend unfair prejudice proceedings
Achievements & other appointments
Rico has been consistently recommended in the leading independent guides to the legal profession.
Rico is recognised by The Legal 500 as a ‘key lawyer’ within the Dispute Resolution team, and has been individually ranked as a ‘Rising Star’. He has been described in the Legal 500 as ‘a definite Rising Star. As a litigator, he has developed unerring instincts for the critical details of complex situations, and has a very strong sense of commercial realities of litigation for his clients. He is measured and unflappable and clients undoubtedly appreciate his diligent approach’ and ‘Rico Dexiades and his team have been very helpful and the guidance received has always been 100%.’
Rico is also recognised and personally ranked in Chambers and Partners UK as an ‘Associate to Watch’. He has been described in Chambers UK that ‘clients appreciate his hard work and genuine commercial insight’.
Rico obtained an Honours Degree in Law and completed the Legal Practice Course at a London University in 2012. Rico went on to join a niche Dispute Resolution firm where he completed his training contract and was admitted as a solicitor in 2014. Rico is also fluent in written and spoken Greek.