- Advising on and preparing a wide range of Deputyship and other applications to the Court of Protection on behalf of clients who have been involved in catastrophic accidents
- Day-to-day contact with individuals who lack capacity or have suffered an acquired brain injury and their families and care teams. Many of these individuals are very vulnerable
- Working closely with the team’s Deputies in relation to the ongoing management of our client’s finances
- Financial management and detailed budgeting for high value Personal Injury/Medical Negligence damages awards
- Providing detailed information on the client’s finances with a view to arranging investment advice
- Liaising with benefit agencies with regard to applications for benefits which the client may be entitled
- Liaising with case managers and other professionals involved in the client’s care to establish the appropriate care regime
- Advising on and preparing statutory will applications in both contentious and non-contentious matters.
Achievements & other appointments
The Private Client team provides a full range of private client services and is recognised by Chambers UK for its ‘niche expertise in acting for vulnerable or incapacitated clients’. The Court of Protection team specifically were recently named by the Legal 500 as a ‘Firm of the Year’ stating that the team ‘stands out for the sheer breadth and sophistication of its practice’.
Ruth is studying law through the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives (CILEX). Ruth has completed the CILEX Level 3 Diploma in Law and Practice and is now working towards the Level 6 Diploma in Law and Practice.