Specialisms & expertise
- Contentious will, trust and estate disputes.
- Claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975.
- Professional negligence claims relating to the above areas.
Client stories & examples of work
- Advising in a probate dispute arising from a will executed by a testator who had mental capacity issues
- Acting for the litigation friend of a minor beneficiary of an English law trust in a contentious application for the appointment of a judicial trustee
- Assisting a partner at the mediation of a 1975 Act claim involving an aggrieved spouse
- Assisting in a multi party contested statutory will application to the Court of Protection
- Acting in a professional negligence claim arising out of the failure by a solicitor to bring a 1975 Act claim in time.
Types of client
Mainly private individuals such as executors, trustees, beneficiaries under wills, and disappointed and forgotten beneficiaries.
Amy graduated from the University of Leeds with a 2:1 in English Language and Linguistics. She went on to complete the Graduate Diploma in Law and Legal Practice Course at BPP Law School, with distinction.
Amy joined the firm in February 2016 from a niche private client practice in the West End, where she qualified as a solicitor in February 2014. She is a student member of ACTAPS (Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists), a member of ConTrA, a network for Contentious Trusts Associates, and was until recently, a student mentor for the Social Mobility Foundation, mentoring year 12 students on its Aspiring Professionals Programme, for those interested in a career in the law.