- Douglas acts for a range of clients including private limited companies, listed companies and UK subsidiaries of international companies, business owners, directors, managers, entrepreneurs / investors, private individuals, partnerships, education providers, charities and charity trustees.
- Commercial disputes, including claims for breach of contract and negligence arising from the supply of goods and the provision of services
- Financial services disputes including claims relating to the mis-selling of financial products
- Disputes involving business partners, shareholders, and directors of companies
- Insolvency and bankruptcy related claims
- Intellectual property and brand protection disputes, including copyright, design right, trade mark and passing off claims, the misuse of confidential information, domain name and company name disputes
- Regulatory, education and charity governance disputes
- Applying for and resisting injunction applications
- Litigation avoidance strategies, mediation and other forms of alternative dispute resolution (ADR).
Commencing unfair prejudice proceedings
Successfully defending a company at trial
Defending the directors of an insolvent company from claims of wrongful trading
Representing a partnership in connection with a dispute over partner misconduct
Acting for an FCA regulated business
Acting for a business pursuing a complaint against its bank
Bringing a claim for breach of contract and negligence against a professional services firm
Acting for the buyers of shares in a company to pursue a claim for
Securing an injunction and damages for a manufacturer of industrial machinery
Acting for the distributor of racing cars in China in connection with a claim for breach of contract
Advising a commercial agent and negotiating a settlement
Helping two senior executives resist an injunction application for alleged breach of confidence
Advising a market leading supplier to supermarkets to defend a high value claim
Successfully defending a challenge to the ownership of a client's design rights in an industrial vehicle
Taking action to prevent the copying of a national retailer's website
Advising and assisting a multi academy trust in connection with a vexatious complaint
Advising and assisting charity trustees
Achievements & other appointments
Douglas has been recommended by the Chambers Guide since 2017 as a leading commercial litigation solicitor in the South of England.
Douglas is also recommended as a leading individual in The Legal 500 directory for commercial litigation in Kent, Surrey and Sussex.
Douglas is a former Chair of Governors of the Milestone Academy (part of the Leigh Academies Trust), which is one of the largest education provides in the region serving students aged 2-19 with Special Educational Needs.
Douglas read Law at the University of Kent, Canterbury, graduating in 2003. He undertook his Legal Practice Course at the Inns of Court School of Law, London.
Douglas joined Thomson Snell & Passmore in 2004, he was admitted as a solicitor in September 2006 and he became a Partner in 2015.