- Jonathan's clinical negligence claims have involved a wide variety of issues, some examples include:
- Negligent spinal surgery
- Cerebral palsy
- Delay in the diagnosis of cancer, including thyroid and lung
- Negligent surgical treatment, including spinal, abdominal and orthopaedic
- Substandard ophthalmic treatment
- Misdiagnosis of a range of life threatening conditions including ectopic pregnancies
- Substandard management of patient's care by general practitioners
- Fatal Accident Act claims arising out of hospital negligence.
- Jonathan's personal injury claims span all aspects of employer's, public, and occupiers’ liability claims, including cases involving:
- Injuries caused by occupational exposure to asbestos and platinum salts
- Injuries caused by residential exposure to damp living conditions.
Mr G v Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust (Issued at the High Court)
Mrs W v her deceased husband’s former employer
Mr W v van driver (Issued in the County Court)
Mr C v Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust (Issued in the County Court)
Miss N v nightclub owner (Issued in the County Court)
Mr J v Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust (Issued in the High Court)
Achievements & other appointments
Currently recognised as an ‘Associate to Watch’ in Chambers UK 2024.
Jonathan is a Chartered Legal Executive who took a break in his studies to focus on his caseload before finalising his civil litigation qualifications in November 2007. In the light of his significant experience, he was admitted as a fellow in 2007 without having to complete two further years employment on completion of his qualifications.