Specialisms & expertise
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Corporate Advisory & Corporate Governance
- Management Buyouts
- Private Equity, Venture Capital and Angel Investments
- Reorganisations, Restructuring & Demergers
- Company Formation
- Joint Venture Agreements
- Shareholder Agreements and Articles of Association
Client stories & examples of work
Recent transactions Joe has worked on include:
- Advising long-term client Nurture Landscapes (an award-winning landscaping company) on a number of its acquisitions including its acquisition of the Rokill Group (one of the largest independently owned pest control companies in the UK) and IGD Landscapes, along with advising them on a number of other corporate matters, including taking the lead on several smaller acquisitions.
- Advising an events company based in the UK (with two international subsidiaries) in respect of the sale of a majority of its shares to a buyer with a publicly listed international parent company.
- Advising an angel investor in relation to its investment into a technology business and subsequent corporate matters.
- Advising the shareholders of Henley Bridge Ingredients Limited (an ingredients distributor) on their sale to HMS.
- Advising the selling shareholders of Peter Fisk Associates Limited (industrial chemical consultants) in relation to an MBO.
- Advising on the share sale of a building services company.
- Advising on a number of demergers by way of share capital reduction along with various other corporate matters including Shareholders’ Agreements, Joint Venture Agreements and bespoke Articles of Association.
Types of client
Joe acts for a full range of corporate clients including owner managed businesses to large private companies. He has also acted for angel and private equity investors.
Joe graduated from the University of Kent in Canterbury with a first class honors degree in Law in 2015. He went on to complete the Master of Laws in Professional Legal Practice at the University of Law (Bloomsbury), achieving a Distinction.
After completing his studies, he joined Thomson, Snell & Passmore as a trainee solicitor in 2016. He joined the Corporate & Commercial team upon qualification in September 2018.