- Disputes arising out of development contracts to include questions of interpretation, trigger events, overage claims and price determination procedures
- Real estate disputes to include advising on easements, restrictive covenants, rights of common, and adverse possession claims
- Property insolvency work including the enforcement of legal charges and the appointment of both fixed charge receivers and administrative receivers
- Advising on commercial landlord and tenant disputes including contested lease renewals under the Landlord & Tenant Act 1954
- Professional negligence claims arising from property related matters
- Seeking orders for sale under the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996
- Matters arising under the Electronic Communications Code.
Acted for Hautford Limited in the Supreme Court proceedings concerning whether a landlord was unreasonably withholding consent to the tenant’s request to submit a planning application for premises in Soho
Advising client O Limited to devise a strategy for the recovery of possession of a disused mill in the North West from a tenant who had allowed it to fall into a dangerous state
Advising a well-known commercial lender client on enforcement options following default by its borrower and arranging the subsequent appointment of the LPA Receiver
Assisting a developer client to defend claims by a neighbouring land owner designed to interfere with the development of a sizeable new residential estate in Kent
Acting for Mr T to determine the price payable by a national house builder to purchase land under an option agreement
Advising corporate trustee clients in connection with the closure of a private members club and the subsequent dispute regarding the allocation of funds following the sale of the clubhouse.
Devising a strategy for client FA Limited to recover possession of a multi tenanted mixed use property portfolio to enable re-development to take place
Resolving a bitter dispute at a mediation between family members relating to Mrs J’s property interest in an estate in Kent
Acting for a farming business client in forcing the sale of agricultural property following the dissolution of the farming partnership.
Achievements & other appointments
Mark is acknowledged in leading independent guide to UK law firms, Chambers UK, as a leader in his field. His clients say he “”will get on with the work without us having to chase him, and he has a good balance of commercial intelligence and legal knowledge.” He is also described as being “incredibly approachable, personable and knowledgeable”. He is a member of the Property Litigation Association.
Mark is listed as a Citywealth Leader.
Mark attended Sheffield Hallam University and studied law. After completing his LPC at the College of Law in Guildford, Mark joined the firm as a trainee. Mark qualified as a solicitor in 2005.