Specialism & expertise
- Acquisition and disposal of agricultural land and buildings
- Farm business tenancies
- Acquisition and disposal of freehold and leasehold commercial property
- Portfolio and estate management
- All aspects of non-contentious landlord and tenant matters
- Property aspects of corporate transactions.
Client stories & examples of work
- Advising a town council in connection with the development of a local services hub
- Acting for a local farmer on the acquisition of a further farm including commercial units
- Transferring an individual’s property portfolio into a corporate body
- Refinancing a college’s property portfolio
- Acting for a national charity in relation to their lease of new premises
- Advising various schools in relation to the acquisition of new premises.
Types of client
- Farming businesses
- Rural landowners
- Public sector bodies including local authorities, town councils, further education colleges and charities
- Corporate and private landlords and tenants.
Achievements & other appointments
Penny became a fellow of the Agricultural Law Association in March 2018.
One of Penny’s clients commented “You have made us feel that we are your only client by getting back to us almost immediately where possible with updates, advice and best way forward and for that you should be applauded”.
During her career, Penny has worked for both City and major regional law firms. She spent two years as an in house lawyer at the London Borough of Southwark before joining our Commercial property team in February 2015. Penny has a degree in languages from the University of Birmingham and completed the Common Professional Exam and the Solicitors’ Finals at the College of Law in Chester.