Pills dropping into a hand

Family suffer psychiatric injuries after faulty dishwasher fire

Mr J, Mrs J and their daughter P had been asleep in their home in West Sussex when Mrs J woke to the sound of cracking and banging from downstairs at 3am.  She went downstairs to investigate, followed by Mr J. They saw flames in the kitchen licking from the dishwasher to the ceiling.  Shortly after the fire alarms sounded.

They ran back upstairs to wake their children, including their daughter P.  Once they had evacuated the house the fire brigade were called and whilst waiting they witnessed their kitchen burning and smoke coming from the roof.

All three experienced psychiatric injury following the fire and its aftermath.

Thomson Snell & Passmore were instructed to act on behalf of the family.  The defendant admitted liability and medical evidence was obtained for each member.

We successfully negotiated an out-of-court settlement of £35,000 for the family to compensate them for their suffering and any future treatment they may require.

Thomson Snell & Passmore specialise in faulty product cases.  If you would like to ask us a question about a potential case, or if you have a general query about any personal injury, contact us on 01892 510000 in confidence.

How can we help?

    Start now, get in touch