The Information Commissioner’s Office has provided six practical steps for companies, including employers, to take in order to prepare for a ‘no-deal’ Brexit situation.
The ICO advises that, for the time being, companies:-
- Continue to apply current GDPR standards.
- Assess their transfers of personal data IN TO the UK – and deploy GDPR safeguards so that safe and secure transfer of data can be made to them.
- Assess their transfers of personal data OUT OF the UK (which will fall under new UK provisions).
- Review company structures (particularly if you operate across the European continent).
- Review internal documentation and identify any updates that will be necessitated by withdrawal.
- Plan for departure! And ensure key people are updated.
If you would like more details on the impact of a no-deal Brexit on your company’s data protection, visit the link below, or contact a member of our team.