Help with eyesight & vision negligence claims
Our clinical negligence team has dealt with numerous claims relating to negligent eye surgery and ophthalmic treatment, including cases involving negligent management by opticians. We have the experience and expertise to successfully recover compensation for you in an eye related claim. Contact one of our specialist lawyers for a free initial consultation to find out if we can investigate your case with the financial security of a ‘no win no fee’ agreement.
When can you make a compensation claim for negligent eye surgery or ophthalmic treatment?
The risks of eye surgery are usually low but when complications occur it can lead to devastating long term problems. Delay in diagnosis and misdiagnosis during ophthalmic treatment can also be grounds for a compensation claim.
Many different eye related compensation claims can arise including:
- Total blindness
- Complete loss of an eye
- Loss of sight in one eye
- Retinal detachment
- Posterior vitreous detachment
- Double vision
- 4th nerve (trochlear nerve) injuries
- Discharging patients without a diagnosis
- Delay in diagnosis of retinal tears
- Misdiagnosis of retinal tears and detachment
- Negligent laser (Lasik) surgery
- Delay in diagnosis and treatment of glaucoma (including the medical emergency of acute angle-closure (closed angle) glaucoma)
- You can also bring an eye related claim on behalf of a child.
What will happen when I make a compensation claim for negligent ophthalmic treatment?
After contacting Thomson Snell & Passmore we will arrange a free initial consultation to discuss whether there is a legal claim and what funding options are available. We usually act on a ‘no win no fee’ agreement.
We will undertake a forensic investigation into the management or treatment you received, using your account of events, and your medical records and radiological imaging. Medical experts (usually consultant ophthalmologists or senior optician experts) may be involved at an early stage to consider the treatment and management you received, and to advise us on the standards of care that should have been provided, and the outcome that would have been achieved with appropriate treatment. Following this initial investigation we can then advise you on the strength of your case, and give detailed advice on the next steps, which usually starts with preparing a formal letter of allegations to the relevant defendant.
How our clinical negligence solicitors can help with an ophthalmology or loss of vision compensation claim
- The size of our clinical negligence team, and our breadth of our knowledge, means we are likely to have already succeeded in recovering compensation for a loss of vision or eyesight related clinical negligence claim that is similar in nature to yours
- Our overriding aim is to protect your interests and achieve the most advantageous outcome for the long term
- We will make sure your case is fully investigated
- We will focus on your individual requirements. Giving a personal service and acting with sensitivity are important to us
- We will create a team of specialist independent medical experts and a barrister with expertise in dealing with cases similar to your case
- We will make things as easy as possible and guide you through each stage of the process
- We can help you find out why the hospital or GP surgery failed you and ensure that the same thing does not happen to somebody else.
Our team has long been recognised and highly ranked by two of the most prestigious, independent guides to the legal profession ‘Chambers UK’ and ‘The Legal 500’.
We are also members of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers and affiliated to Action against Medical Accidents.
A number of your team members have individual accreditations and recognition in the legal directories which you can view on their profiles.
Free initial consultation
Contact one of our team of specialist clinical negligence lawyers for a free, no obligation consultation. We will listen to the circumstances of your medical treatment and give you clear advice on the chances of your receiving compensation in a clinical negligence claim. If we think you have a claim, we can investigate your case using the financial security of a ‘no win no fee’ agreement.
Call us or fill in our short enquiry form and we will assess your potential claim.
We are highly ranked by two of the most prestigious, independent guides to the legal profession ‘Chambers UK’ and ‘The Legal 500’.