Help with GP negligence claims
Clinical negligence claims are often highly complex. If you have suffered as a result of negligence at a hospital or GP surgery, our specialist clinical negligence solicitors will investigate your medical negligence claim thoroughly and independently. Contact one of our specialise lawyers for a free initial consultation to find out if we can investigate your case with the financial security of a ‘no win no fee’ agreement.
When can you make a compensation claim following negligent treatment from a GP?
We put our health in the hands of hospital clinicians and GPs and we expect them to take good care of us. It comes as a shock when things go wrong but, if they do, you may be able to claim compensation.
Making a claim can get you the compensation you deserve for the treatment you need. You are entitled to claim compensation for clinical negligence if:
- You have been injured or your condition has been made worse as a result of medical negligence
- The treatment provided by a healthcare professional fell below a generally accepted standard and caused physical or psychiatric injury.
Medical negligence can arise from:
- Failing to undertake face to face consultations (often a telephone consultation is not appropriate)
- Delay or failure to diagnose or treat a condition (e.g. stroke, heart condition, sepsis, meningitis, abscesses, peritonitis, cancer or benign tumours and acoustic neuroma)
- Inappropriate treatment (e.g. prescription errors)
- Failure to obtain valid consent (e.g. for minor surgery conducted by a GP or specialist nurse)
- Mismanagement of a range of long term conditions (for example diabetes or chronic kidney or liver disease).
What will happen when I make a negligence claim against my GP surgery?
After contacting Thomson Snell & Passmore we will arrange a free initial consultation to discuss whether there is a legal claim and what funding options are available. We usually act on a ‘no win no fee’ agreement.
We will undertake a forensic investigation into the management or treatment you received at your GP surgery using your account of what happened, and your medical records. Medical experts (usually senior GP experts) may be involved at an early stage to consider the treatment and management you received, and to advise us on the standards of care that should have been provided, and the outcome that would have been achieved with appropriate treatment. Following this initial investigation we can then advise you on the strength of your case, and give detailed advice on the next steps, which usually starts with preparing a formal letter of allegations to the relevant defendant.
How our clinical negligence solicitors can help with a compensation claim against your GP
We have one of the longest established and experienced Clinical Negligence teams in the country. Our medical negligence lawyers have a reputation for winning complex medical negligence cases and we have helped thousands of people claim compensation. The size of our clinical negligence team, and our breadth of our knowledge, means we are likely to have already succeeded in recovering compensation in a claim involving negligence by a GP that is similar in nature to yours.
- Our overriding aim is to protect your interests and achieve the most advantageous outcome for the long term
- We will make sure your case is fully investigated
- We will focus on your individual requirements. Giving a personal service and acting with sensitivity are important to us
- We will create a team of specialist independent medical experts and a barrister with expertise in dealing with cases similar to your case
- We will make things as easy as possible and guide you through each stage of the process
- We can help you find out why the GP surgery failed you and ensure that the same thing does not happen to somebody else.
Our team has long been recognised and highly ranked by two of the most prestigious, independent guides to the legal profession ‘Chambers UK’ and ‘The Legal 500’.
We are also members of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers and affiliated to Action against Medical Accidents.
A number of your team members have individual accreditations and recognition in the legal directories which you can view on their profiles.
Free initial consultation
Contact one of our team of specialist clinical negligence lawyers for a free, no obligation consultation. We will listen to the circumstances of your medical treatment and give you clear advice on the chances of your receiving compensation in a clinical negligence claim. If we think you have a claim, we can investigate your case using the financial security of a ‘no win no fee’ agreement.
Call us or fill in our short enquiry form and we will assess your potential claim.
We are highly ranked by two of the most prestigious, independent guides to the legal profession ‘Chambers UK’ and ‘The Legal 500’.